Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Ice Pixy

Incredibly fun piccy to do! Sorry, Julie, I hope you don't mind.

I came home from work today wanting to draw something and started a base sketch for something else, then started this and threw the other one away. Seeing as how I draw dragons/reptiles most often, I wanted to get a little break from the less-than-pretty things. I'm surprised at how fast I ended up getting this one done (about a few hours, give or take) Some pictures can take me a couple of days to complete, depending on the detail.

I got to do something with this drawing that I have been wanting to try for a long time: inking with a color other than black. I very much want to use this technique again. Other than that the color was pretty straightforward. I used the path tool to select the wings and used the gradiant tool (foreground color to transparent) The glow was achieved by using the Neon effect under the Filters>Alpha to Logo tabs, and for the sparklies I used the Sparks brush.

This character/persona belongs to TheIcePixy (aka Julie), NOT me.

No comments:

Post a Comment