Monday, May 30, 2011

Behold ...

I've really been hankering to draw something mechanical of late. This image popped into my head tonight, so I did a mad dash to get the concept down before bed time.....I'm a little late to bed, but I think this is a good start, albeit a very sloppy thumbnail, muahaha.

I can tell already that I'm going to have a lot of fun with the lighting on this one. I just have to take it easy and pace myself so I don't kill my hand.

Was listening to a couple of tracks off of the Halo 2 soundtrack while working on some of it, for anyone interested. In particular, "High Charity" from Vol. 1, and the latter half of "Cairo Suite" from Vol. 2 (the sub-tracks are called Jeweled Hull and Chill Exposure, the last being one of my all-time favorite pieces of music)

As always, suggestions or comments are welcome! I'm trying to decide if I want to scale that robot up or down a little, as it seems to be taking up an awkward amount of space in the picture. I'd love to be able to see the entire form of it, but right now it might also seem like "Look, I painted a picture! And then I slapped my android right over the top of it!"

Um yes, that's how it goes in my head, anyway.......

2 comments:

  1. Neat concept! I wouldn't scale down the robot, as, to me, he would become lost in the background. Scaling him up, however, would create a dramatic effect that might work very well. While you wouldn't fit the whole character in, you could at least get a part of it with lots of detail and have more of a sense of looking from its point of view over to the planet and sun.

    Its current size isn't bad either to me. You can see the back of all of it, but its not so small that you lose track of the character.

    Hope I helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yeah, that does help actually, as I'd wondered about scaling the figure UP, even though I would be sad to lose some of the awesome wing outlines. I'll try that! :)

    ReplyDelete