Friday, January 21, 2011

Mugshots

Fun project I've been working on the last few days. These are creatures from my fantasy series. I seem to draw a lot of the lore drakes, so everyone knows what they look like. I thought it might be nice to give some attention to some of the other races.

From top to bottom: Troll, Neth, Amanagir.

The bottom one is based off of the armadillo lizard, a species that has some pretty cool scales that look like armor. Unfortunately, the ridges on the neck look more like wrinkles to me. Bleh.

The middle one was pretty fun (and fast!) It's not based off of any newt species that I know of. I just had a lot of fun giving him a toxic, glowy look. I used the Neon effect to accomplish this, which can be found by going to Filters, Alpha to Logo, and then Neon. If you want the glow effect without erasing details on the original layer, I recommend duplicating your layer and then applying the Neon effect to the bottom of the two.

The top one has war paint, yay. I briefly looked up pictures of Native American war paint styles to get a feel for the look, then um.....just did my own :)

Each time I draw one of these, I get a little better and a little faster. Practice helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment