Friday, January 28, 2011

Taelifoe Ref Sheet



Okay, so maybe I'm a little insane, but I'm reeeeally happy to have gotten this done today. I've been thinking for a while that I needed a new reference sheet for my avatar (which technically is not named "Taelifoe") since the last ref sheet I did went bye-bye when my old laptop crashed....again. I don't know why I didn't back that file up. I guess I didn't think it was very important.

I used a trick during the inking of this that I picked up off of another artist named NeonDragon. When you are marking paths with the Path tool in Gimp, you'll see an option on the left menu called "Stroke Path". What this does is to open a dialogue box that allows you to select a line thickness and color, and after you've hit OK, it will create a nice solid line along your paths. You can erase the ends of the lines so that they have a tapered look. Since my hands shake a lot, this has been incredibly helpful to me when inking long lines.

Oh boy does my hand hurt. I about pushed it to the limit getting this sketched, inked, colored and put together today. My theory of "practice helps!" is still holding, too. Wasn't nearly as hard to sketch out my avvy this time as it has been in the past. Hurray! Done in 5 hours in Gimp......I think :P

No comments:

Post a Comment